Online Charging System(OCS) Operations Consultant
- As Telecom consultant, you will participate in projects at a Large Telecom Operator (data and voice convergence) in Iraq as a technology expert in the end-to-end Huawei OCS domain responsible for the operation of the Huawei CBS (Converged Billing System) component. The CBS component provides convergent charging capabilities such as: prepaid/postpaid convergent, voice service/data service convergent, multi-network convergent rating
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You participate in the complete E2E operations process.
- Support the commissioning and installation of customer projects.
- Manage and maintain the infrastructure.
- Experience with both preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Receive and coordinate customer complaints.
- Strong troubleshooting competences.
- Support a strong Product Vendor relationship and communication with other internal departments.
- Analyze a new release and prepare the integration/migration of the new functionality.
- Perform tests and report on the status.
- Write and track error reports in your functional area.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) documents.
- Deliver training to end users in support of use of the application, or upgrades, and enhancements.
- Perform any additional operational tasks that are up-coming during the operations.
Professional Experience and Knowledge
- Specialist knowledge of Huawei OCS platform, i.e. CBS (Convergent Billing System).
- Proven expertise in the field of operational activities of commercial billing solutions in a telecom context.
- Expertise/Knowledge and strong interest to learn in the following domains:
- Mobile telephony networks.
- IN architecture knowledge & deployment of IN based solutions,SS7 signaling.
- IP networking (TCP/IP, UDP, TCP, XML / HTML, HTTP, SNMP, …) and server technology.
- Oracle or other database concepts ( Oracle ).
- SUN Solaris or SUN Cluster.
- Scripting: Unix shell scripting, PERL, …
- Protocol simulators / analyzers (Wireshark, IPSL, …)
- Knowledge of OS Platforms Linux, Solaris and WindowseServGlobal; experience in other similar solutions will also be considered.
Skills & Competency
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with ITIL is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels, with strong customer service skills.
- Possess multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Education & Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Education Institute in one of the following disciplines (Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science).